skip to main |
skip to sidebar
First Socktober FO!
Ta dah!!!! The first FO of Socktoberfest - the JJJ socks. Jitterbug Jigsaw socks in 'Jay'. All mine!
Oddly, despite having knit waaaay more socks for myself than for anyone else (I'm just selfish that way), i haven't finished a pair for me in quite a while - so it's lovely to have some fabbie new socks to cheer my feet up as it turns colder. Happy feet! (Mine, not a dancing penguin).
Side by side... next time I'll definitely try this pattern in a semisolid colour. I love these, but it seems a pity to have spent time on a pattern that you can barely see.
See? In this blocking pic, they could almost be plain stockinette socks. I'm definitely pleased with the way the Jitterbug knits up on the 2.75mm needles though - I may make myself a pair of monkeys with this combo sometime. Not now though: not allowed! One UFO down, 5 to go before the casting-on ban is lifted!
1 comment:
Even though you can't see much of the detail of the stitch pattern, I love the way the yarn looks like sunlight on ocean water . . . all wavy and liquid.
Very, very pretty!
Post a Comment