Friday, October 03, 2008

Not a sock, and no progress. C'mon, girl!

Can you see the beads?
Can you see the beads?
Can you see the beads? Can you see the beads? Well, no, you can't. That's cos they're clear and so frickin' tiny that most of them won't thread onto a 0.65mm crochet hook. This is proving to make getting them onto the knitting a bit tricky. Next time, you stupid girl, bigger beads!!
I place them on the plain knit row (row 1 of pattern) at the end (beginning) of each leaf motif. I'm hoping they will add a touch of sparkle in the end. Otherwise I may be a bit narked if the whole struggle was pointless!
Can you see them now? They are there, I promise!

See? Arrows indicate beads. Real beads. Not imaginary. Even if I don't seem to be able to get them to show up on a photo. I know they're there. That's what matters. I'm not convincing anyone here, am I?

2 comments:

Annalea said...

lol

Now take it easy, Lucy. Nobody here has said that there aren't beads on your knitting . . . I even believe I can see something shimmery that could be beads in the second photo.

(Nobody make any sudden moves . . . I've dealt with her type before!)

********

I actually can see them, and I believe they'll be really pretty. My laceweight FCSS is a little featherweight for my taste, so next time I knit this pattern, I'll add beads, too.

Great work!

Anonymous said...

I believe you hon - no, really, I do!!!!
Looking fabulous, btw
Nxx