skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Will it or won't it?
The FCSS has been having an anxious time of it lately... it's not so portable, so it's had to see several pairs of socks finished whilst it languishes in the lace wilderness of huge-shapeless-lumpy-wool stage, waiting to be finished so that it can have its glorious blocking moment... Plus, I've been a bit unsure about how many repeats I can get out of the yarn. I bought two 50g skeins (no idea how many metres, bought this at a show and don't think it was labelled), and thought it looked like endless miles of laceweight, especially when I was winding it into balls! Slowly slowly it has been knitted up into this large bluish blob, scattered with beads, but just in the last third I've been worrying about how much I've got left, and if I'll be able to do the whole 27 repeats I planned, plus the edging... I've been weighing the ball obsessively after each row, but my head just won't do the maths, as each row gets a little longer than the last one! However, the 26th repeat took 7g, and two rows into the 27th I've still got 22g left, so fingers crossed I'll be ok. The maths look like it would have to work, but I know that in knitting weird and terrible things can happen to eat up yarn if you're close to the end! Send me good knitting karma, please!
A little while ago, I showed some freakishly neat pics of the stash, post-freezer. Just so you don't get the mistaken impression that I'm a tidy person, this is what it looks like now, and probably for evermore... mess! Some of the stash that's been in the freezer (in bags) hasn't been unpacked yet, there's yarn on the floor, on the worktop, everywhere. There's a basic level of organisation (neat bookshelf, plastic boxes, drawers) then a (fairly thick) veneer of mess over the top. This is the state it seems to revert to, no matter what I do, so I've given up trying to force it. And there's someone who loves it...
She's in the top drawer you can see in the above photo, tucked up under the worktop, and no, I didn't put her there, she climbs up the front of the wire drawers and toothpastes over the top. A lot of the time I don't even know she's there until I try to get some wool out! I measured the gap at the top: it's 3 and 1/8". Now that's a skinny cat!
1 comment:
LOL! That would definitely require the note: "From a cat-friendly home" if you were to try to destash anything from the top drawer. ;o) Aren't tabby cats just the best?
And your level or organization is like mine. Basic order underneath everything else. (But with a passel of munchkins roaming the house, my veneer is a bit thicker in spots.)
Sorry I haven't been commenting as much . . . I was out of town for nearly a week, and am seriously behind . . .
Post a Comment