Monday, October 27, 2008

wooly silky goodness

All knitting round here seems to be in 50/50 wool/silk at the moment...
This hat for the SIL is done: it's a replacement hat, an exact copy of one knit a couple of years ago, which normally might annoy me to re-knit exactly the same, but this time I was very happy to. The original got lost on a ski slope (artificial), and she seemed to be genuinely sad: a request for a replacement hat seems like a very good indication that the first one was a favourite to me. It's always nice to know that handknits are appreciated, and not just something your loved ones have to tolerate from the mad knitter (best not upset her, she has pointy sticks...)! It's in Lorna's Laces Lamb and Lion, can't remember the colour name. This was going to be my new handbag knitting. I think I may have to find some more. I finished the hat sooner than I thought and Sunday was wetter than expected, so there was more knitting. Now there's this:
I'll post a better, modelled pic tomorrow. I feel too scruffy to model it now. It's lovely and cosy, just to tuck into a coat to keep my neck warm in the car on chilly mornings, when you need a warm neck while you're outside but not a whole extra layer once you've got indoors. It's squishy and cosy with just a hint of elizabethan ruff, but in a good way. This one is in Manos del Uruguay silk/wool mix, again no idea what the colour name was. I think I might write up the pattern to go on ravelry... I quite fancy being a designer. Anyone fancy test-knitting?

1 comment:

Annalea said...

That does look like a nice, warm thing on a chilly morning. You definitely should write up the pattern and post it somewhere. I'm afraid I can't volunteer to test knit right now . . . but it'll definitely end up in my queue!