Thursday, October 02, 2008

Socktoberfest!

Socktoberfest is here! And with my list of projects to finish including 4 pairs of socks, it seems like perfect timing! The socks I'm going to try and finish up this month are:
  • The JJJ socks
Half way to the heel on the second sock, need to finish these as my feet are feeling the change in seasons!
  • Hubby's blue and yellow socks
These are a tragically old WIP, they've probably been on the needles at least 9 months. Poor hubby. He has had a nice funky red pair, though. I've tried telling him, plain dark colours=boring=no sock knitting! I think he'd rather they were plain blue, but tough, I just can't do it without a bit of bright colour.
  • Turqoise monkey socks

These have been languishing a few months, since I realised that they were going to be a little snug to get over my heel. I normally do 64-stitch koigu socks in stockinette for me, but the monkey pattern isn't that stretchy. In a thicker yarn on larger needles it's fine, but not on 2.25mm. I'll still finish these and give them to someone with slightly more delicate feet. Sadly the finished sock needs a rescue as a nasty moth larva has chewed through one strand in the toe. Evil moths. So I can't start with these, they're going into the freezer!

  • Handspun Jaywalkers

This is the first patterned sock I ever cast on, and my first handspun that was anything like fine enough for socks. It's still pretty chunky, and these will be warm slipper-like over-socks, but I still have to finish them. They've been on the blog before: waaaay back in October 2006!! Anybody else have two-year-old unfinished socks?

1 comment:

Annalea said...

Hmmmm . . . I haven't been knitting socks long enough to have any that old. I have frogged many, many lone sock beginnings though, if that makes you feel better! Knitting to fit my size 42's has been an adventure. ;o) (That's a US Women's 10.)