Thursday, October 23, 2008

The wonder of lace...

This morning, I got up and got ready for work, then sat about waiting for the phone to ring (Supply teacher: I do a lot of this at the moment). Then, as it didn't ring, I began to knit. And knit. And knit. An hour later, I was ten stitches away from the end of the last row and about to begin casting off my gorgeous shawl, when the phone rang. Typical. I had to go to work, and wait to finish my gorgeous shawl. And now, this evening, after that cast-off row that took a whole hour to complete, it is done. Finito.
Heap. At this stage, it's hard to see what all the fuss is about. And then it went for a little dip, and got pinned to death. On three bath towels. This thing is big.

Best shot I could get in my small room, and I had to stand on a box to get this! Remember how I was aiming for about 6'6" (78") to match my wingspan? Blocked, it is 80" wide. It will probably relax a lttle when I unpin it. I feel so smug right now. And I didn't run out of yarn! There's 9g left. I could maybe have done another repeat, but I'd have had a heart attack with worry and this thing is already huge!

Modelled shots tomorrow, hopefully. Gratuitous chicken pic:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks amazing - love the chickens, too!