Monday, April 06, 2009

Monkey, monkey, monkey, monkey, you!

All non-Eddie fans will probably not understand that reference. An alternative title for 'the Origin of Species'. In any case, it's inaccurate, as I have only one purple monkey sock here. I've knitted 4 pairs of these so far, for presents and for swaps, and never made a pair for me. Now these are my purple monkeys! They make me think of Ribena and blackcurrant jam. Yum.
What I'm really supposed to be knitting is this: a red and brown chullo hat for my brother to take out to his friend in Italy next week... better get a move on, need to take it up to bro in Blackpool on Wednesday!This is what I'm copying: I knit this blue one for the brother last year, and it's the most practical of the silly ski hats.
So I suppose I'd better stop knitting socks and get on with hatting ASAP! Good job it's the hols, I'll finish it tomorrow.
The three remaining hens seem to be getting along fine, which I was a little worried about, as Nugget and Elsie only joined the other two about a year ago, and I thought the two older gingers might bully Nugget on her own. Fortunately she's a lot bigger now and more feisty.
And they're all laying like champions, more eggs than we can possibly eat! I keep giving dozens to Mum but I may have to start baking to use them up.
The garden is all waking up and getting springlike - onions and garlic....
Rhubarb... even the spuds are just starting to poke through the soil a tiny bit.
It's really hard to blog when someone won't take no for an answer....

1 comment:

crafts beads said...

loving the hens... is that an eglu?