skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Spiralling into the abyss
Well, maybe not the abyss, but certainly some black hole around here is eating up all of my remaining holiday time (*cough* knitting *cough*) and I haven't done any of the school work I was going to do today. Whoops. Still, on the other hand, I'm on holiday, so stuff it. I've had a hard year. It isn't over yet, either: we're looking at an op that might be in around 4 weeks, but still waiting to hear a date. I got brave and watched a video of the procedure on youtube, and I'm glad it won't be me having it... it does all look quite simple and clean, though, which is a relief. I can't knit with my fingers crossed, so I've crossed my ankles instead. Hope that works as well.
The Noro spiral is even bigger than this now, but I can't be bothered to download another picture right at the moment. It's now about 21.5" x 18", and I've used about three of my four balls of Kureyon. I've sort of realised that it's going to take a fair old heap of wool to knit a 6ft square garter stitch blanket, so I'm glad that I've been planning this as a buy-a-ball and knit-as-you-go sort of project. It makes sense, really: with no need to worry about colourways or dyelots, I can just pick up a ball or two a month, whenever I'm in a wool shop, and knit it when I'm in the mood. Willow seems to love it already, so I'm thinking that by the time I've finished it, in a year or so, the middle will be well-worn and full of cat hair. C'est la vie.
No comments:
Post a Comment