Tuesday, April 07, 2009

New hair, new hat

The school holidays seem to be the only time that I have time to get a haircut. How sad is that?
It's not at all what I asked for, but I quite like it. Has anyone ever found a hairdresser who will give you the haircut you ask for? I've never heard of one.
The hat is finished, in time, with its fleece liner sewn in around the ears to keep out the wind on the ski slopes. I can't say I really enjoyed knitting this one, but I think that's purely down to having a deadline to knit it to. I always find that sucks the joy out of knitting, which is why I don't knit too many things (or not too big things) for xmas or birthdays. Socks I can just about handle, although last xmas three pairs for gifts nearly did for me.
The really really bad bit of this evening, though, giving me recourse to chocolate, ice cream and finally vodka and lots of swearing, was mending and altering the brother's ski trousers and jacket. Fiddly, nasty sewing. Next time Mum can do it, she's got more patience!

No comments: