Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Alas, poor Nugget... I know her, Attila...

(apologies to the bard for the mangled quotation). There have been some strange animaly goings-on today chez knittingsheep:
Willow decided to go all clingy and use me as a climbing frame...
...and cute as she is, it's hard to get anything done like this.
Or even like this! I headed outside to escape and get some posed pics of my new ribbed neckwarmer/cowl to show you...
...only to discover that Nugget is bored of being a chicken and would really like to be a hawk instead, she thinks they have more fun. I did point out that hawks rarely get bought sweetcorn to eat, and have to find all their own food... she's going to think about it. She does like corn...
Back to the cowl. It's lovely and cosy, as I said the other day, and the rib is so nice and stretchy that it doesn't matter if I wear it over a polo neck (as here) or on a bare neck, no draughts can get in - and yet it doesn't feel tight at all, no throttling going on here. It is in fact big enough to get over a hairdo without messing it up - not that I ever have one!
And as you can see here, it's wide enough at the base to tuck into a coat or jacket securely. No draughts at this end either!
I quite like the hint of Elizabethan ruff that comes from the very tall neck, but it would need extra stiffening if you wanted to wear it the other way for fancy dress...

Quite fetching, don't you agree? Rather suits me...
In other news, there have been rare sightings of a blue stripey thing that could be the cuff of a knee-high sock...
...and a patchwork star which is destined to be a cushion f0r the spare room. It's annoyingly fiddly, but turning out well so far. working out the pattern pieces was was a whole other story...

2 comments:

Annalea said...

I'm sensing a blue theme here . . . ;o)

Say, do you think you're going to write that pattern after all? That's one I'd actually pay a little for, (I'm a horrible tightwad when it comes to patterns lol), as it's the perfect gift for someone on my Christmas list!

Annalea said...

Contributing a pattern to Ravelry isn't hard. There are a couple of ways to do it: either with yourself as a "designer" or just by adding it to Ravelry. Usually it's only worth being added as a designer if you're going to turn your patterns into something profitable, or have a ton of them. It can be done afterward, too, so no rush to decide.

I actually have a little pattern "store" (with three free patterns, lol), and am listed as a designer. You can also add your pattern to Ravelry's database and upload a PDF or add a link to where your pattern is hosted. Some Ravelers simply type up their patterns and post them to their blogs, but it's so dead easy to make a PDF with Google Docs that it's a shame not to have every pattern hosted and downloadable at Ravelry. (Especially since you can save Rav-hosted pdf's in your library.)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. But, since you're quite a few hours ahead of me, you can check the Rav Wiki or Help Groups if I'm still asleep. lol

Have fun!