Saturday, October 25, 2008

What to do, what to do...

Ok, so the list of 6 UFOs is finished. What? Where's the picture of the finished dreads hat? Well, I haven't finished sewing on the dreads yet, but all the knitting is done, so it's no longer a knitting WIP. No, it's not! It's a sewing WIP. And I can't decide if I like the dreads... maybe I'll post pics tomorrow and solicit other opinions. I should really ask the brother... anyway, I'm out of things to knit. Well, not really.... I had a little look in the stash that is slowly being put back in its niches, post-freezer. There are a couple more UFOs there...
Another pair of Monkeys, in Lorna's Laces shepherd sock - I snapped a needle knitting these on a school trip to germany, so had to abandon them... that was 3 months ago. I have other needles this size. I'm just not using them...
A lace shawl from Victorian Lace Today, started in some Malabrigo laceweight, never made it past the first inch. Not sure why, maybe I wasn't in a lace mood.
One sock with chickens on, plus the alpaca and handspun to make the second: this one's been waiting a while! Try 2 years....
Again, at least a year ago I started another FCSS... never got far, though, this rowan tweed yarn was far too stiff on 3.25 mm needles, no drape at all. Needs frogging and repurposing, but as what?
One thrummed sock and the second ball of wool (which I found knit up as half a Baby Surprise Jacket... I'm odd sometimes).
A glove and three-quarters, in some of my first ever handspun... don't know where the last bit of yarn is to finish these! If I ever spun enough to start with...
A glove, started on a train in Germany when I lived out there 5 years ago. Never finished: the little finger is too tight and needs frogging.
My Cleite shawl, started a few months ago. I think I made a few mistakes on the last row and wasn't brave enough to try and fix them... so it was abandoned. A neckwarmer in Manos del Uruguay wool/silk in 2x2 rib. this will now be my handbag knitting. Mindless, no pattern needed, just keep at it till you're sick of it then do a load more! I hate ribbing. But it works well! Last night I cast on the SIL's hat I need to make for a xmas prezzie (this was a named exception in the rules, anyway) and by lunchtime I had a few inches done...By this evening it's nearly ready for some decreases. Don't you just love fast-gratification knitting? Especially after a long project!
So why is it, with all of these WIPs to choose from (and the rest I couldn't be bothered to take pics of), why is it, I ask you, that all I can think about is making some knee-high socks?
I've even hunted through the stash and found some yarn that needs using up that might work. Blue stripey knee-highs. I'd like that...

2 comments:

Annalea said...

lol You sound a lot like me with my WIP pile. I've found that a lot of really old WIP's often have serious flaws (like your gloves with the too-tight finger, or the embryonic shawl) that are better off frogged and returned to the stash. So, your WIP pile is probably smaller than you think!

And my vote is to go for the blue knee highs. I'll bet cold weather has something to do with it. :o)

vanessa said...

the color of your cleite is gorgeous!
thanks for my blog comment. i think of the wheels as an investment ;-)